The Government is extending the application period of its temporary Covid-19 Business Grant from 13 September 2021 to 1 October 2021. The payment rate and eligibility criteria remain the same.
Eligible businesses (including non-employing businesses such as non-employing sole traders) and not-for-profit organisations can apply for a one-off grant of $7,500 (tier one), $10,500 (tier two) or $15,000 (tier 3) via one application if their turnover declined over a 2-week period between 26 June 2021 to 17 July 2021:
- $7,500 (tier one): Businesses that have experienced a decline in turnover of 30% or more due to the Public Health Orders will be eligible for a grant of $7,500.
- $10,500 (tier two): Businesses that have experienced a decline in turnover of 50% or more due to the Public Health Orders will be eligible for a grant of $10,500.
- $15,000 (tier three): Businesses that have experienced a decline in turnover of 70% or more due to the Public Health Orders will be eligible for a grant of $15,000.
Note: Eligible businesses may only receive one grant tier and only one grant is available for a single ABN.
The Grant is designed to assist employees over the first 3 weeks of the current restrictions. Assistance after this period is available through the JobSaver program.
To be eligible, a business must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be operating in New South Wales as at 1 June 2021;
- have total annual Australian wages of $10 million or less as at 1 July 2020;
- had an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2020;
- have business costs for which there is no other government support available;
- maintain their employee headcount from 13 July 2021 for the period for which the business is receiving payments under this Grant and the JobSaver scheme;
- must experience a decline in turnover over a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 17 July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019, or 2020, or the 2 weeks immediately prior to any restrictions of 12-25 June 2021 (inclusive) :
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more
- for Southern Border businesses the turnover period is from 27 May 2021 to 17 July 2021 compared to the same period in 2019, or 2020, or the 2-week period immediately before the Victorian Stay at Home Directions commenced (13 May-26 May 2021) .
Please refer to our article '2021 NSW Covid-19 Business Grant' for the other details of the Grant.
If you would like any further information or assistance with 2021 Covid-19 Business Grant please contact us on 1300 885 761.