Current positions available
Accountant Position – full-time
Cootamundra, Goulburn or Narooma NSW
Salary commensurate with experience.
Are you interested in a full-time position which combines country or coastal living with great career opportunities in the financial services sector?
Dawson and Partners is a leading Chartered Accounting and financial advisory firm established in Cootamundra for over 100 years, Goulburn over 10 years and currently expanding to Narooma. We are an equal opportunity employer and take this designation seriously.
We are presently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Accountant located in our Cootamundra, Goulburn or Narooma office.
To be successful in this role we are seeking someone who:
- Has completed or nearing completion of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, with a minimum of 2 years' experience in an accounting firm;
- Is studying or planning to start the CA program;
- Has proficiency with XERO bookkeeping software or other;
- Experience with APS and XPA would be advantageous;
- Has good problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Proven time management skills;
- Is well presented and has excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment.
Duties and responsibilities required for this position include but not limited to:
- Training in and working with computer-based accounting systems (Xero, MYOB, APS and XPA etc.);
- Perform and/or manage the provision of bookkeeping and software support services to clients;
- Preparing financial reports, income tax returns, business activity statements and other tax reports for all type of entities;
- Maintaining client relationships through the provision of excellent confidential client service;
- Liaise with various Government agencies on behalf of clients;
- Participate in training with updated tax and other relevant legislation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to our Human Resource Manager Helen Lynch: email@example.com.
Other opportunities within our organisation may be available. If you have experience in an accounting firm and wish to be considered, please send your CV and accompanying letter demonstrating your experience to our Human Resource Manager Helen Lynch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trainee Financial Planner - full-time
Are you interested in a full time position which combines country living with great career opportunities in the financial services sector?
Dawson and Partners is a leading chartered accounting and financial advisory firm located in Cootamundra and Goulburn.
We are presently seeking an intelligent and motivated person with strong interpersonal skills to join our Financial Services team, either in our Cootamundra or Goulburn office.
This position would be ideal for a capable, high calibre person with a business or commerce degree, who will undertake further studies in order to progress to becoming a professional (CFP Level) financial planner.
Initially, the successful candidate will be given paraplanner duties, and will report directly to the Director of Superannuation and Financial Services. He or she will also receive comprehensive on-the-job training in managing a portfolio of advice clients. Accordingly, prior experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or the financial services industry would certainly be an advantage. Conditions of employment are very attractive, including practical and financial support in your continuing academic studies.
Please post your CV to:
Helen Lynch, Office Manager
Dawson and Partners
PO Box 201
COOTAMUNDRA NSW 2590, or